Check it’s not an emergency
Call 999 now if you have:
- signs of a heart attack - pain like a very tight band, heavy weight or squeezing in the centre of your chest
- signs of a stroke - face drooping on one side, can’t hold both arms up, difficulty speaking
- severe difficulty breathing - gasping, not being able to get words out, choking or lips turning blue
- heavy bleeding - that won’t stop
- severe injuries - or deep cuts after a serious accident
- seizure (fit) - someone is shaking or jerking because of a fit, or is unconscious (can’t be woken up)
- sudden, rapid swelling - of the eyes, lips, mouth, throat or tongue
Requests can be submitted from 6.00-9.30am Mon-Fri and from 6pm Sun (excluding bank holidays).
We aim to reply to requests within a few hours during the time the practice is open 8.30-6.00pm Monday to Friday.
After 9.30 am if you feel that your request is urgent, please contact the surgery on 0114 272 5154. Please be aware though, that if it is not deemed urgent by the practice you will be asked to wait until the next working day. If the practice is closed and you need urgent medical attention please call NHS 111 or use NHS 111 online.
Please do not use askmyGP whilst abroad. Due to legal issues, we are unable to provide any medical advice to patients who are not present in the UK at the time of contact. Patients in need of medical attention whilst abroad, should contact a medical professional in the country they are visiting.
Please include a picture with your request where relevant (e.g. a rash) but please do not include pictures of sensitive areas of anyone under the age of 18.
If you are a relative or carer submitting your request on behalf of someone else please use the option 'I am asking as a parent or carer' so that the request is submitted in the correct name or we may not be able to process the request. Your request will not be processed if you are not registered with the practice.